Creative Chemistry 102 Day 2 Butterfly

OK, so it is already Day 5, but I had so much work to do. I'm taking a break from it to try some more of the techniques in Tim Holtz's Creative Chemistry 102 class. Day 2 focussed on stencils, one of my favorite tools. I like cutting my own stencils from transparency paper, which is slick and easy to sponge through, and thin enough to stamp through. This time, however, I used a stencil from Crafter'sWorkshop.

I made two samplers, and pasted them to the two sides of this middle sized butterfly. I was inspired by Tim's choice of blue and brown, but decided that I was in a green mood, and chose Distress Ink in Evergreen Bough and Vintage Photo instead.


I like the speckled appearance made from little specks of clear embossing powder. Here's a close-up.
Here's the start of my butterfly mobile project, including a butterfly made using Distress Paint as a resist, and here is a butterfly made using Distress Paint to create a faux patina look. Maybe there's time for another butterfly experiment before bed!
Thanks for looking.

Comments

  1. Gorgeous butterflies and color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Florence...gorgeous butterfly! You asked about what black inks I used on my Gelli prints...on the one with the bird I used a black fine tip Montana marker (acrylic paint in marker from). I also like PITT big brush pens as well as Sharpie paint markers. -Julie (http://allthatglittersscrapbooking.blogspot.ca/)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Julie, for your compliment and your reply. I think I have a paint marker somewhere (impulse purchase). That might be just the thing. I love my first prints, but I want to embellish them to make the designs pop out a bit more, and I am not crazy about the media that I have tried so far. Thanks again. -Florence

      Delete

Post a Comment