Frogs

Stuart and I had a frog drawing session. The next day we transferred the images to watercolor paper and painted then in with Twinkling H2Os, a watercolor paint laced with mica. Here they are:
Frog with Painted Patterns by Stuart Turnour
Red-Eyed Tree Frog by Florence Turnour
I love the effect of stamping with clear embossing powder and then painting or inking among the white outlines of the image. But I wanted to participate in a project requiring original artwork, without stamps, and I had trouble getting that embossed resist effect without embossing powders, and I haven't enjoyed using the powders without the stamps. Then, I found these gel pens called Glaze that leave a three dimensional trail that resists watercolors and inks.
Media
In this project, I drew my frog from a photograph, and then traced the image with a clear Glaze pen on watercolor paper. Then I painted the image with Twinkling H2O paints.

Did you ever notice that frogs have an extra set of knees?

Comments