Another Frog

This frog is smaller than the first one because I reduced the sketch on the photocopier before tracing it onto the watercolor paper. I watched this video by Dion Dior showing a demo of painting with Twinkling H2Os, and noticed that she used watercolor pencils along with her paints, so I thought I'd give that a try. It's getting me closer to going multimedia (my goal). I'll let you know when I get there. Maybe when I do, I'll switch to a new frog sketch.
Painted Frog - Twinkling H2Os and Watercolor Pencils
Dion Dior did her background after she painted the focal image, but that's messing me up a little. I'm ending up smudging my image while messing with the background. More finesse is needed. I'm thinking about inking in my background first, next time, possibly avoiding the fuss.\

Thanks for looking.

Comments