Frog III

Frog III by Florence Turnour
This frog is the same size as the first Twinkling H2O frog. The paper is 6x8 inches. I reduced the second frog by 50%.  I am thinking I want to work small so I can trade ATCs with someone someday.

What I learned from the last two frogs is that I have to be more careful with my backgrounds. In this painting I used my brayer to add a layer of ink and a layer of distress paint, which show through the subsequent layer of gesso only slightly. I wrapped the brayer with a layer of gauze when I rolled on the gesso adding texture to my paper. Finally, I painted the leaves with Twinkling H2Os. I had hoped for more contrast between the larger leaves and the background leaves but I don't have enough colors of paint. Yet.

I cut the pieces of the frog from paper inked with Distress, and glued them to my background as a collage. Every leg and arm segment is a eparate piece of paper! To finish, I traced the leaves in black and the background in olive green Glaze gel pen.

The matte frog on the shiny background provides an interesting effect. Frogs being what they are, this choice is a bit backwards.  

Comments

  1. That is very cool! I didn't know you painted! (where have I been?) It's really wonderful and I loved reading about the process.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment