Floating Away Tag

This week's tutorial on Splitcoaststampers.com is for a technique called Embossed Kisses, in which you ink an embossing folder and pick up the ink on an inked solid colored stamp, and then impress the image on paper. I used Cuttlebug's Paisley embossing folder and a hot air balloon from Local King Rubber Stamps.
Floating Away Tag
The Embossed Kisses technique worked great, and was very easy to do. It took me 7 or 8 perfectly stamped and then otherwise muddled up balloons to figure out what I was going to make with my image. I learned two things:
1)  Tags are fun to make. Spellbinder accents can make any rectangle look like a tag. I used my new corner rounder, too, which made the tag look a lot more finished than it did with pointy corners. I like the shadows that the embossing gives the shapes I get from Spellbinder Nestabilities. When I cut a rectangle without the dies, it looks terribly flat to me, now. Sponging the edge of the paper helps a lot (and makes the paper match the stamped work more closely). Punching the corners helps too.

2) Doilies and round borders make great hills and clouds.  I wonder if I can make houses on a hill with my new JustRite square and round borders?  I'll be trying to make use of that idea for this week's JustRite Friday Challenge! I didn't win last week, but I liked the cards that did win, and I had a fantastic time coloring my bleached image. I'm up for another round!

Comments

  1. Loved it Florence!! I had been looking for hot air stamps everywhere....they are a must!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment