Thursday, October 7, 2010

The start of a new idea (3)

In this incarnation, I planned to doodle around a decorative right angle weave square. I planned to keep the herringbone decorations from getting too ruffled or twisted. I switched to smaller herringbone embellishments because I was trying not to cover up all the larger beads in the array.

As I started embellishing, I saw a petal shape emerging. I'd love to design a flower, so I squished the thing together to make the petals poke up. I started to make a leaf, but then decided to turn it into a bail instead. I'll work on leaves after I have the flower under control.
For a flower, I'd not need all the beads in the RAW array, however, and I think in the resulting design, all of these larger beads clutter the edges. I need more petals; I'd really like another row of petals behind the first staggered so they stick out between the front ones. We'll see if I can figure out how to do that in the next go round.

I just looked at my first design, and I'm not sure they are getting better! Well, that's the way these things go, I think. I have to go a few steps backwards before I can go forwards again.

No comments:

Post a Comment