Already a Pterodactyl

For Day 8 of the  Creative Jumpstart (I skipped a few), artist Brigit Koopsen demonstrated a painting in the style of Jean-Michel Basquiat.  I found Basquiat's art grim though fascinating, but I loved how Brigit pulled inspiration from Basquiat while much of the grim behind. I may have taken more inspiration from Brigit than from Basquiat in the end.

I did the drawing and decided I would get the most out of it if I actually tried to take something from Basquiat's work. I chose my colors from the images in the Creative Jumpstart pinterest collection. I also added the scribbled writing as a vague tribute to Basquiat's word-laden imagery.  

Do keep your eyes open, because sometimes there really is already a pterodactyl in the dumptruck  Thank you, Brigit. That was a fun assignment.

Comments

  1. Love this! Thank you so much for your kind words, so happy that I was able to inspire you, after all, that is what this is all about!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome lettering and background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much fun! I love the dimension in the side of the truck. The "creature" is wonderful and the words and smaller pictures you've added do give it a Basquiat feel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really fun take on the artist. Now I want to hear the rest of the story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sooo in love with this, the colors, the drawings, the journaling. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment