Watercolor Class

I'm taking a watercolor class from Moira Hahn. In this assignment, we considered value, painting a white object in black paint.  We were to choose between a cement squirrel, a cow's skull or a teapot. For me the choice was obvious, though I'm not quite sure why.
Teapot


In another assignment, we were to practice applying two gradient techniques in eight, credit-card-sized rectangles, and then paint something in the spaces. When I was little, I asked my mother (constantly), what should I draw? She always said "a giraffe." So when I was at a loss for this one, I thought I'd go back to my roots. I decided to think outside the box a little.

Comments

  1. these are really nice! do you know hilary nordcliffe? she took this class too but it might not have been at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Maggie. I do not believe that I know Hilary. I learned tons in this class. It made me realize that I should take real in-person art classes, not just on-line.

      Delete

Post a Comment