A few drawings from last week

On Tuesday, I went to visit my friend Georgina in San Pedro for lunch. Before lunch, I stopped at the Korean Friendship Bell at Point Ferman.
I might be getting better at these "I was really there" shots.
The next two mornings, I spent in the Japanese Garden at CSULB. I will definitely go there again. It is free, convenient, and open at 8AM.
I didn't finish the first day, and between sittings, all the water lilies opened and this guy showed up.
This one is from Newport Beach, on the Peninsula, looking toward Balboa.
It was a gray day.
This last one was a quick drawing, which I painted later because I ran out of time. I thought the sign was an interesting subject for a quick effort.
On the weekend, I went with my family to the Los Angeles Arboretum. It was lovely there. Benjamin and I sat next to a flower and did a quick drawing. I painted this one later too.
Thanks for looking!


Comments