Books I read today

Today I went to Barnes and Noble. I read two books about libraries and how wonderful and supportive librarians can be. One had charming three-colored prints, and owls. The other was about Mouse and the pickle-loving Bear (I know, right?).
TheMidnight Library, by Kazuno Kohara
A Library Book for Bear, by Bonny Becker, illustrated by Kady MacDonald Denton
(The link is to an inspiring interview with Kady from 2011; here is her website.)
Next I read this Preschool book because it was on theme. It would've gone well with the books I read to my children when they were little.
Books Always Everywhere, by Jane Blatt, illustrated by Sarah Massini
The link goes to her (active) Twitter feed. Here is her (not so active) website.
Then I read an old favorite, because the books about books reminded me of it.
The Fanatastic Flying Books of Morris Lessmore, by William Joyce
Then my airplane obsessed children appeared, so I read this book about learning to fly, sort of. We loved it.
Flight School, by Lita Judge
Last I picked up this book about a panda, because of the uncomfortable look on his face.
Chengdu could not, would not fall asleep, by Barney Saltzberg
My winner for the day is Chengdu, with Flight School a close second. Animals who solve their quandaries in unusual and satisfying ways won out over lessons about the joy of books. What did you read today?

Comments